Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is an educational and scientific institution devoted to the development of education, science, moral virtues, art and culture in the spirit of national, humanistic and democratic traditions.
The faculty’s educational program is designed to provide the students with all the skills and knowledge needed for teaching requisite subjects, working as translators and interpreters, for becoming experts in science and research, culture and other spheres of public life. The Faculty of Arts trains students in academic programs and teacher-training programs.
The Faculty of Arts consists of 11 departments:
- Department of Slovak Language and Literature
- Department of Slavonic Philologies
- Department of German Studies
- Department of Roman Languages
- Department of English and American Studies
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Pedagogy
- Department of Ethnology and Non-European Studies
- Department of Languages, Creative and Social Activities
The faculty offers the students daily and external forms of study programs at different levels:
- undergraduate (Bc.)
- graduate study programs (Mgr.) studies
- postgraduate levels. (PhD.)
The Faculty trains young specialists and academics in non-teaching professions in the following fields:
- Ethnology Bc./Mgr.
- Philosophy Bc./Mgr.
- Psychology Bc./Mgr.
- Russian Language in Specific Communication Bc./Mgr.
- German Language in Specific Communication Bc./Mgr.
- Slovak Language and Literature Bc.
- English Language in Specific Communication Bc./Mgr.
In the field of teacher training the Faculty of Arts offers a broad range of study programs. Students can choose a combination of two subjects as follows:
- History – Slovak Language and Literature Bc./Mgr.
- History – Civics Bc./Mgr.
- Slovak Language and Literature – English Language and Literature Bc./Mgr.
- Slovak Language and Literature – German Language and Literature Bc./Mgr.
- English Language and Literature – Russian Language and Literature Bc./Mgr.
The Faculty gives an opportunity to postgraduate students to extend their qualifications in PhD. programs in the following fields of study:
- Systematic Philosophy
- German Language in Specific Communication
- Social Psychology and Work Psychology
There is also a possibility to extend the qualifications in the following doctoral programs:
- Ethnology PhDr.
- Philosophy PhDr.
- Psychology PhDr.
- German Language in Specific Communication PhDr.
- English Language in Specific Communication PhDr.