UCM rises in the latest Scimago Ranking
Rankings of universities and research institutions are a metric tool for analysing and evaluating their activities, outputs and results. UCM has improved its position in the Scimago Institutions Ranking (SIR) this year.
In the period 2016 - 2020, it ranked 700th overall on a global scale compared to last year, when it was 808th. UCM ranked 9th within the category of Slovak universities and thus improved its position by two places at the national level:
1. Comenius University in Bratislava
2. University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice
3. Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
4. Technical University in Košice
5. University of Žilina in Žilina
6. Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra
7. Pavel Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
8. Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
9. University of St. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava
10 Technical Univesity Zvolen
10. Slovak Medical University in Bratislava
11. University of presov in presov
12. Univerzita M. Bela v Banskej Bystrici
13. Trnava University in Trnava
14. Allexander Dubcek University of Trencin
15. University of Economics in Bratislava
UCM proved to be in the best light in the field of environmental science outputs - we ranked 1st in Slovakia, which was sufficient for 350th place or 260th position in OECD countries at the global level.
In the philosophical and human sciences (536th place worldwide), we reached the fifth place in Slovakia. Similarly, we have succeeded at the national level in the fields of biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology.