The theme of the second year of the International Staff Week was artificial intelligence in the context of the future of education
The goal of the event was to connect academics, create new partnerships, and mutually enrich each other in current topics.
The second edition of the international event titled "AI - Redefining the Future of Education" took place from November 13 to 17, 2023. The Staff Week was attended by 22 representatives from 10 universities in the Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, Lithuania, and Slovakia.
Academics focused on the benefits of using artificial intelligence in the educational process at universities. The process of digitization and the use of AI in administrative processes also intrigued non-teaching staff.
Guests also had the opportunity to present their own institution from the perspective of AI utilization, and the topic was part of not only informal debates but also expert lectures:
- "Hic sunt leones: Unexplored Territory of Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education" (Doc. PaedDr. Juraj Miština, PhD. - Mgr. Ivana Pondelíková, PhD. - PaedDr. Jana Luprichová, PhD. from the Faculty of Arts)
- "The Future Lies in Applied Artificial Intelligence" (Dr. Marcin Bernaś /The University of Bielsko-Biala)
- "Innovations in Education: The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Shaping Educational Environments" (Mgr. Rastislav Zábojník, PhD., Faculty of Mass Media Communication)
- "Ethics in Artificial Intelligence and Medicine" (Mgr. Jana Koišová, PhD., Faculty of Health Sciences)
- "AI in Smart Cities" (Mgr. Andrej Kóňa, PhD., Faculty of Social Sciences)
In addition, foreign guests had the opportunity to visit the premises of the Faculty of Mass Media Communication on Skladová Street in Trnava, as well as the premises of the Faculty of Health Sciences in Piešťany. As part of exploring the country, visitors toured the city of Piešťany and also Trnava. The second year of ISW received positive feedback. Guests appreciated the organization and the efforts of the members of the organizational team from UCM's international department, who were always available. "I consider the event to be very professionally prepared and open to those interested in further international cooperation," said one of the visitors. Another praised the level of implementation of AI technologies at the partner institution. "I was genuinely surprised by it," he evaluated.
List of participating institutions:
- Mendel University in Brno
- Silesian University in Opava
- Kazmierz Pulaski University of Technology and Humanities in Radom
- Swietokrzyski College, Kielce
- Jan Dlugosz University in Czestochowa
- Old Polish University of Applied Sciences, Kielce
- Baltazar Zapresic University of Applied Sciences
- Vilnius University
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava