What is eduroam?
Eduroam is project and service, where users from participating institutions (for example university) acquire mutual access to internet via WiFi in the host institution using their home access data.
What do I need to connect?
- username and password
- be in radius of network with name eduroam
- you need a configured device
How to configure my device?
- manual configuration:
- name: eduroam
- security: WPA2 enterprise
- authentication protocol: PEAP
- verification protocol: MSCHAPv2
- CA certificate: do not validate
- external (anonymous) identity: anonymous(at)ucm.sk
- identity (login name): IDO(at)ucm.sk (for example 2796874(at)ucm.sk)
- password is your birth (natal) number, we strongly encourage you to change it as soon as possible at https://wifi.ucm.sk/chpass/chpass.php
- or via app CAT (if you have Android, install it from Google Play Store).
We recommend you to be careful while entering your login credentials:
- certificate of authentification server is issued by certification authority GEANT OV RSA CA 4 to name id2.ucm.sk, and it expires on 19.01.2023
- thumbprint of id2.ucm.sk has value
Frequently asked questions
- What is my WIFI password?
Initial password is your birth (natal) number without “/” (for example 9988776655). We recommend you to change password at https://wifi.ucm.sk/chpass/chpass.php.
Passwords for UCM and eduroam SSID are the same.
- I am connected to WIFI, but internet is not working.
First of all you need to make sure that you are not connected to UCM-limitovana SSID, which does not allow access to internet.
- I need technical help.
Contact us at https://helpdesk.cikt.ucm.sk/open.php.
By using internet at UCM your device becomes member of computer network of university and you are obliged to follow the directive and SANET rules.
Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the EU Council (also known as the GDPR) took effect on May 25, 2018 and in according to recital 60 of GDPR, we inform you that the usage of the computer network at UCM involves processing of personal data stated below.
- IP and MAC address of your device (e.g. computer, tablet, mobile phone),
- IP address where your device connects,
- Source and destination port,
- Protocol (TCP, UDP),
- Transferred bytes,
- Date and time,
- Personal number,
- Access point name.
Operations with data: storing and viewing.
We don't process (or store) content of conversations.
Retention period: 30 days.
Retention period: 6 months for MAC, IP addresses and usernames (according to EDUROAM roaming policy).
Purpose of processing: Property protection and IT security.
Lawful basis: legitimate interest (see recital 49 of GDPR).