Which SSID (WiFi network) should I connect to?
UCM – for common use,
eduroam – use if your home university supports EDUROAM - we strongly advise all foreign students to use this,
UCM-guest – not available for you
What do I need for connection?
- Login credentials (valid for UCM students, others use their own credentials from their home university)
- You need a configured device for UCM or eduroam wireless network connection.
How do I configure my device?
Settings for UCM SSID:
- SSID/name: UCM
- security type: WPA2 enterprise
- authentication protocol: PEAP
- authentication method: MSCHAPv2
- CA certificate: do not validate
- outer (anonymouse) identity: empty (leave blank)
- inner identity (username): IDO (e.g. 2796874)
- Windows XP SP3: not supported
- Windows 7 and higher: video manual or configuration program, which sets up everything (download and execute), alternate setting in case you have problem with connection (you can use configuration program and install profile without verifying server)
- Windows 11: how to manually add network UCM
- Android: video manual how to connect; if there's no option "Do not validate" for certificate, add network like this
- iOS: see this video manual
- Windows 10 Mobile: video manual how to connect
- Linux: video manual how to connect
- macOS: see this video manual
Frequently asked questions
- What is eduroam network for?
This network is intended for guests from other universities. You also may use this network when you are at another university, then your login and password are the same as for UCM SSID. Erasmus students use their own usernames and passwords from their university.
- What is my WIFI password?
Initial password is your birth (natal) number without “/” (for example 9988776655). We recommend you to change password at https://wifi.ucm.sk/chpass/chpass.php.
Passwords for UCM and eduroam SSID are same.
- I need technical help.
Contact us at https://helpdesk.cikt.ucm.sk/open.php
By using internet at UCM your device becomes member of computer network of university and you are obliged to follow the directive and SANET rules.
Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the EU Council (also known as the GDPR) took effect on May 25, 2018 and in according to recital 60 of GDPR, we inform you that the usage of the computer network at UCM involves processing of personal data stated below.
- IP and MAC address of your device (e.g. computer, tablet, mobile phone),
- IP address where your device connects,
- Source and destination port,
Protocol (TCP, UDP),
- Transferred bytes,
- Date and time,
- Personal number,
- Access point name.
Operations with data: storing and viewing.
We don't process (or store) content of conversations.
Retention period: 30 days.
Purpose of processing: Property protection and IT security.
Lawful basis: legitimate interest (see recital 49 of GDPR).